Unless otherwise credited, all photographs are © David Ritchie and may not be used without my permission.
Some photos are a challenge. Working on the Fishing Tugs Project, we only had two very rare photos of the George H, so the time invested on this restoration was worth the effort.
This rough colour copy of an original photo was used on a display. I had no access to the original photo.
The result was well worth the uncounted hours of effort.
After many years of wear from carrying in her wallet, a client asked me to restore this, the only photo she had of her brother. It was very badly damaged and extremely small, a ‘wallet’ sized print 1″ x 1.5″. Here it is greatly enlarged, followed by the final results. Not perfect, but very time consuming and it did have to meet the budget.
A typical old family photo, card mount. Damaged, faded, stained, uneven tone and cracked surface.
After restoration. This is a new print, the original print is scanned only.
Original print. The client requested a horizontal (landscape) print with a caption.
Background created on both sides. Pole and line removed, image optimized.
A nice automobile with a distracting background. I started with this image on a 4″x6″ print.
I added background content from my own files. The windshield and back window were challenging.
A family member was missing from this photo.
Fortunately, there was a print of the missing daughter in a similar light. Some manipulation of that image and then she was added to complete the family photo.